A reminder that there is no monthly meeting of the Detroit Section this month. Instead, please attend the Great Lakes Media Show online next week. There will be many topics of interest to people in the engineering and production fields. Here’s a rundown of the technical sessions.
Monday, March 8
- 11:00 am: Radio and Television Technology Update with David Layer and Lynn Claudy, NAB
- 12:00 Noon: Tips and Tricks for a Better World of Television Production with Wally S. Szczubialka, Orange Dragin Group
- 1:00 pm: Prioritized LTE Service: The Myth is Real in MaxxKonnect Wireless with Josh Bohn, Bohn Broadcast Services
- 2:00 pm: Adaptable EFT, 360 Capturing and Drones with Jeremy Salo, CLV Productions and Zak McGraw, freelance video and 3d capture artist
Tuesday, March 9
- 11:00 am: Unchain My Airchain: The Virtualization of Radio with Kirk Harnack, Telos Alliance
- 1:00 pm: Evolving Innovations in Remote Production during the Global Pandemic with Amanda Holtstrom and Matt Webster, Ross Video
Wednesday, March 10
- 11:00 am: IP Networking and Cybersecurity: Fundamentals to Structured Security Implementation with Wayne Pecena, KAMU
- 12:00 noon: 2021 ATSC 3.0 Update with Madeleine Noland, ATSC President
Thursday, March 11
- 11:00 am: What to Expect When You’re Expecting- Planning for a Purchase with Jeff Welton, Nautel
- 12:00 noon: Beating Burnout: Managing Mental Health in Crisis with Kevin Benz, i-Media Strategies
There will also be a virtual exhibit hall with many vendors present to meet and discuss their latest offerings. Please visit the exhibitors as they help to make the show possible.
You can still register for the conference at www.mabshow.com . Register early as there is expected to be a delay in getting your login link sent. All presentations will be available to watch for up to 30 days following the conference.
The next meeting of the SMPTE Detroit Section will be on April 13, with a presentation by Verance on ATSC3 watermarking. Details will be sent out prior to the meeting.