Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers
Detroit Section Meeting Notice
- Date: Tuesday, May 14, 2013
- Time: 7:30PM
- Location: BlueWater Technologies
24050 Northwestern Hwy (M-10 NB Service Drive at Mt. Vernon)
Southfield, MI 48075
- Subject: Reliability and Cost Considerations for Building a Video Archive System
- Presenter: Dan Jaramillo, SpectraLogic
For media companies large and small, digitizing and archiving an entire library of video assets can be a daunting task.
Archive solutions currently in use run from video tapes to spinning disks to external drives on shelves to computer tape systems. Determining the best solution for your needs can be confusing.
Finding the right solution is important. These video assets are at the core of a company’s business, so taking care of them and providing a suitable long-term storage solution is critical.
This presentation will review:
- A model environment
- The cost of maintaining legacy video technology
- Digital Tape, Disk, Flash & Cloud
- OPEX cost considerations
- Staying current with new generations
Managers Dinner starting at 6:00pm. SMPTE Members and guests are invited to attend.
Kerby’s Koney Island
25050 Northwestern Hwy, (at 10 Mile Rd/Evergreen)
PLEASE RSVP by close of Monday 5/13 to <firstname.lastname@example.org> as we would like a head count for dinner and the meeting area.
Meeting presentation and dinner sponsored by SpectraLogic.
Thanks to BlueWater Technologies for hosting.
This meeting is open to the production, post-production and broadcast community, and to students.
There is no admission charge.
- Tuesday, June 11: Panasonic will present a program at WKBD-TV in Southfield